Monday, February 9, 2015

Celebrity Quotes

Do you ever wonder where all those quotes come from?  Where did Mark Twain go when he penned a particularly pithy phrase?  What about Benjamin Franklin?  Did he just print a section of his own quotes with his annual farmer's almanac?  Perhaps a modern example: Vince Lombardi.  He probably did interviews--that might account for some quotes.  But I've always wondered how these people get their quotes out there.

I've decided that I want to have some good quotes ready, and maybe someday I will be famous enough for them to mean something.  I don't know how others do it, but I'll just start out by sharing mine here.  The other day I was pondering what I want to do with my life, and this gem came to me:
"I may not know what I want, but that sure isn't going to stop me from getting it."
I think it explains quite well a part of my personality--I can be very determined and driven towards a goal--but so often I have a hard time deciding which goals I really want.  So there's my oh-so-clever celebrity-to-be quote of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment