Sunday, February 8, 2015

"The Weight of Glory"

"The Weight of Glory" was originally a sermon, but C.S. Lewis later published it.  I first heard of it a couple years ago when two people independently mentioned it to me within a week of each other.  I thought that was a good sign I ought to read it.  Since then I've looked for it in libraries and online a few times.  Each time I've been unable to find it, or it fades into the background of my never-ending to-do list.  But today I finally found a PDF copy online.  Here it is:

It's an excellent essay on what "glory" really means to Christians.  His views are quite close to LDS views.  He talks about some of the different definitions of glory and what they mean for us now and in the afterlife.  The last section in particular is fraught with great material.  I just posted a quote on facebook from that section.  The whole thing is only nine pages, but read carefully.  It's good stuff.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment